Michigan Educational Credit Union will never call, text, or email you asking for account numbers or social security information. If you receive any communication you are unsure about, please give us a call, and we will be happy to help at 734-455-9200.
Michigan Educational Credit Union recommends that you request and monitor your credit at least once a year. Listed below are the three major credit reporting bureaus:
- Equifax: 1-800-685-1111 Equifax Website
- Experian: 1-888-397-3742 Experian Website
- Trans Union: 1-800-888-4213 Trans Union Website
Consumers can request a free copy of your credit report from any of the three agencies listed above. To obtain your report, you can:
- Visit https://www.annualcreditreport.com
- Mail a standardized form to Annual Credit Report Request Service, P.O. Box 105281, Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
- Call (877) 322-8228
If you become a victim of identity theft, you should immediately do the following:
- Contact your local police agency and file a report.
- Contact the credit bureaus. They can add a “fraud alert” to your file or put a freeze on your credit.
- Contact or Visit Michigan Educational Credit Union at 734-455-9200. We can go over some internal options to protect/monitor your accounts.
Below are some tips to minimize your exposure to identity theft:
- Check your credit reports regularly.
- Monitor your financial/medical statements.
- Shred any papers that may contain delicate personal information.
- Be alert to phishing/spoofing scams.
- Put a freeze on your credit with the three major credit bureaus.
- Use the alert function on your online banking.
- Safeguard your social security number.
For further explanations or any assistance, please feel free to contact Michigan Educational Credit Union at 734-455-9200.Go to main navigation